My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Prayers Please

Hi everyone!  I am asking today for prayers.  I know this is kind of a silly thing to ask prayers for, but it is really important to me.

As I mentioned in my last post, our Superintendent of Education is an elected official and not appointed.  I have a very special friend, and co-worker, who is running for this position along with three other candidates.  

Jerry Moore, our current Deputy Superintendent, is certainly the most qualified and is running for the sake of our children and for no other reason.  The other candidates are not currently in education.  One was a principal about 8 years ago, one is a former Memphis City teacher who was just let go because of job cuts, and one was once an assistant principal for a semester many years ago.  

Now don't get me wrong, I do not know any of the other candidates personally so I can't really speak for their character, but I do know Jerry and have known him for a very long time.  I am so afraid that if he does not win this race, that our schools will be in major jeopardy.

So, I ask that you pray not necessarily for Jerry, but for our children and for our school district.  God has a plan and we may not know the reason for his plan, but what matters is that it's HIS plan.

Thank you for your prayers!  I'll let you all know the outcome of the election tomorrow.  




God Bless,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment