My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

WOW! What a week!

You guys seriously have no idea how thankful I am to have this week coming to an end!

My little guy gave us a serious scare this week and it will take me at least 10 years to recover!

Monday I took my little guy to his 2 year check-up.  My big boy weighed in at 28 lbs and was 34 in. tall!  We had a great appointment and got our little flu shot.  Tuck had been coughing some the last few days so the Dr. listened to his chest and said it sounded fine but gave us a Rx for Q-tapp anyway.  


Tucker Cheesin


Looking at books while waiting on our Dr.


He LOVES books!


Having a little fun

After we left the Dr's office, we went to Wal-Mart to buy a new book for being such a big boy while getting his flu shot.  We went home and he played his little heart out and was doing just fine when I put him in his bed for the night.

During the night sometime, Tucker cried out so as usual I went and got him and put him in our bed.  A little while after that, I woke up sweating and thought it was because we had left the heater on in the living room.  I soon found out that was not the case at all... it was my little Tucker.  He was burning up and breathing fast and hard.  I woke Justin up and went and got the thermometer and took Tuckers temp (101.6) and then gave him some Advil (this was around 2:45).  His breathing really bothered me so at around 3 am I called my mom to come down.  She got to the house and was concerned about his breathing as well.  Not 5 minutes later as I was holding my sweet baby in my arms, he started having a seizure (because his temperature went up too fast).  I started screaming and kind of just threw him at my mom and she ran outside with him.  I got Justin up and he called 911 (Our 911 is a complete JOKE!  But that's for another time) to send an ambulance.  Tucker was unresponsive for a few seconds and finally came around.  I called back to 911 to check the progress of the ambulance only to find that they had not gotten the ambulance driver up yet!!!!  We then high tailed it to Baptist Memorial hospital in New Albany.

When we pulled up to the ER the nurses met us at the car.  They took Tucker's temp (100.5), took blood and hooked him up to an IV.  They did a little breathing treatment and then did a chest x-ray.  They decided to admit us because his white blood count was elevated and just wanted to monitor him overnight since he had a seizure.  We spent Tuesday night in the hospital and let us go home on Wednesday.  Tucker took everything like a champ, but just couldn't understand why he couldn't get up and run around.  Bless his little heart!  Our Dr. told us the only thing they could come up with was that he had an allergic reaction to his flu shot.  He did have a little respiratory issue going on but since he had not run a temperature or fever with it he didn't think that affected the flu shot.  All I know is, that God was with us, and I never want to have to experience that again.



In his hospital bed with daddy


After he got his IV out he could really run around!

I would just like to end this by saying that I'm thankful to God for seeing us through all of this and for continuing to take care of us.  I also want to say thank you to the nurses at the New Albany hospital, we couldn't have asked for anyone better to have helped us.  Lastly, I'm thankful that Tucker is back to his old self!

Hope your weekend is blessed!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness I'm so glad he is okay!! I had an allergic reaction to a low dose of steroids (given to stop the swelling from my strep throat) and had a similar reaction, its so scary!!
    But to brighten the mood... I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog right now so if you wanna win something cute you should check it out =]

    ReplyDelete