My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

A little of this and that...

Hi y'all!  I have been a bit under the weather this week and haven't posted much so I thought I'd try to squeeze several posts into one.

I am so happy it's Friday!  Tomorrow we are having a special friends and family shower for one of my very best friends.  We hope that she is showered with many well wishes!

Last Saturday I was able to meet with some sweet girls that I haven't seen since we graduated high school.  This year we will be celebrating our ten year class reunion.  I find it so hard to believe that we've been out of high school that long.  We have some great things planned and hope we have a great turnout.  

I mentioned in last weeks WILW that I'll be participating in this year's pilgrimage, so in honor of this I am going to try to post a little something on Friday's about homes featured in the pilgrimage.  This week I'll be giving you a little insight to Montrose.

Montrose|1858

Montrose
photo via
335 Salem Avenue was built by Alfred Brooks as a wedding present for his daughter, Margaret, Montrose shows the influence of classic Greek Revival architecture.  The interior features a graceful circular stairway with a niche for statuary, parquet floors, beautiful cornices and ornate medallions in the ceilings.  The wooded land surrounding Montrose is an arboretum.  Montrose is the home of the Holly Springs Garden Club, sponsor of the Pilgrimage.
excerpt from last years pilgrimage brochure

It really is a very lovely home.  There have been lots of weddings and wedding receptions held here.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate one of our High Schools for winning the State Championship in girls 2A basketball.  This is there fifth year in a row to go to state and they have won three championships out of five.  Pretty good odds if you ask me!  Lady Lions we are so proud of you!!!!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!  Hopefully I'll be able to blog more next week since I'm feeling much better!
Photobucket

1 comment: