My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Catching Up...

I guess you could say I've been on blog hiatus for the past week.  I have had lots going on, so here is a little bit of catching up with what's been going on with us.

Last week we had another snow storm... yes MORE snow!  I never thought that I'd say this, as I love snow and all, but I'm SO READY FOR SPRING!!!  Well, not necessarily spring but at least no snow.  So far this winter we have received 15 inches.  Yes, 15 inches.  I don't ever remember in all my 27 (well almost 28) years remember having this much snow.  Our poor kids have been out of school for a total of 8 days.  They really will be going to school during June. Oh well, enough about that.  

Here are a few pictures we snapped of Tucker playing in the snow.  This is really the first time he's played in the snow, the other times he didn't show any interest.  I think he had a great time.


Daddy giving Tucker a snow ball to throw at Mommy


Sledding 


Shuffling through the snow

While we were off work on Friday my mom and I went and visited a special little boy who had surgery at Le Bonheur in Memphis.  He had a mass on the back of his head removed and it was non cancerous!  We were so thankful for that and he was actually able to go home today.  God is so Good!!!

This past weekend we attended a Valentine Dinner at church and had a great time.  Valentine's, for most of my life, has been a very sad day for me.  Nineteen years ago my grandmother (my mom's mom) passed away on Valentine's day.  I was only 8 years old and it was a terribly sad time for me and has been ever since.  I know that she is with the Lord and is so happy and I try to think of that, but I still miss her.  

My husband and I had decided not to give each other a gift this year for Valentine's, or so I thought.  Yesterday I had a meeting at work for much of the morning and when I returned I had these lovelies waiting on me... 


Aren't they beautiful?  What a wonderful surprise!  I really do have the greatest husband.  

My husband and I have been house/land hunting for quite a while now.  We actually put in an offer on a house  that we looked at back in December.  I have had my eye on this house ever since it was built.  When I found out that it was for sale I couldn't wait to go look at it.  It was just as beautiful on the inside as I had imagined it would be.  The house came with quite a bit of land and was centrally located between my parents and Justin's.  The asking price was considerably lower than what we thought it should be, but still not what we could afford.  With the help of family we were able to make a full cash offer at a lower price than what they were asking.  I prayed that the Lord's will be done for us and I left it in God's hands.  

We found out yesterday that they did not accept our offer but a full amount mortgage offer.  Justin and I were both fine with this.  We know that God has better plans for us.  We are actually going to look at another house this afternoon.

Hopefully I'll be back to blogging more this week.  Hope your week is going great!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment