My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Delicious Recipe!

Is it totally wrong to post multiple posts in one day?  Oh well!!  :)

I found this delicious recipe on another blog, Magnolias and Goobers, and I instantly knew it had to be delicious because Magnolias and Goobers are Ole Miss fans.  Anyway, I have cooked this recipe twice and my husband just loves it.  I actually cooked it last night before church and tried to take a picture, only to find that the batteries in my camera were dead.  Oh well, you 'll just have to trust me on this.

Chicken Dorito Casserole
1 bag cheese Doritoes
1-2 lbs, chicken (cooked & shredded)
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken(seriously, whatever is in your pantry)
1 can Rotel (drained)
1-1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 c. shredded cheese (cheddar or mexi blend works good)

Preheat oven to 350.  In a mixing bowl, pour in sour cream and spices and mix until a light orange color.  Mix in soup & Rotel.  Finally, stir in the chicken.  Mix together until well blended.  Coat a 9x13 baking dish with spray.  Grab a couple handfuls of Doritos and break them up creating a "crust." Don't forget to eat a few.  Next, spread half of the soupy/chicken mixture over Doritos.  Top with half of the cheese. Repeat steps (Doritos, soup, cheese).  Cover and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove foil and return to oven for 5 additional minutes. If I have a tomato laying around, I dice it up and sprinkle it on top of cheese before it goes back in the oven.  Garnish with jalepeno slices. So easy for weeknights & it is even better the next day leftover!

So easy, right?!?!  Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment