My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I absolutely love this time of year! When the days start getting cooler, I start making soups and stews.  Tuesday night I made Stuffed Pepper Soup and liked it so much I thought I'd share the recipe with you all.  (I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Soup Magazine)

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe


Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 quarts water
1 can (28 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups cooked long grain rice
2 cups chopped green peppers
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender.  YIELD:  10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).

My husband counts points through Weight Watchers so here is that information just in case you were interested too.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.

Points Plus:  6  Old Points:  5


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment